Palermo, San Giovanni del Eremiti by Max Pollak

Palermo, San Giovanni del Eremiti by Max Pollak

Palermo, San Giovanni del Eremiti

Max Pollak

Please call us at 707-546-7352 or email artannex@aol.com to purchase this item.
Title

Palermo, San Giovanni del Eremiti

 
Artist

Max Pollak

  1886 - 1970 (biography)
Year
c. 1932  
Technique
etching and aquatint printed in colors 
Image Size
11 3/4 x 15 3/4" platemark 
Signature
pencil, lower right 
Edition Size
6 impressions 
Annotations
pencil titled, in lower left; also inscribed at lower sheet edge: "printed a 6"; bears the red FPC collector's stamp in the lower left; from the collection of Friedl Pollak 
Reference
 
Paper
ivory simille vellum 
State
published 
Publisher
artist 
Inventory ID
22554 
Price
$750.00 
Description
In Palermo, San Giovanni del Eremiti, Pollak depicts the bell tower and the bright red hemispherical domes of the twelfth century Catholic church situated in Palmero, the capital of the Italian island of Sicily. The church was rebuilt in 1132 according to the canons of Sicilian-Norman architecture, it is a Romanesque church and externally resembles oriental buildings. Since 2015, the church has been part of the World Heritage Site (UNESCO) in the "Arab-Norman itinerary of Palermo, Cefal├╣ and Monreale". 
Please call us at 707-546-7352 or email artannex@aol.com to purchase this item.